Thursday, 24 November 2011

The C-word

A WIP so ancient it has moved house with me three times finally got frogged and made into something slightly useful. For about three days I was consumed with a perverse urge to crochet. I don't know what came over me, but I got a really long, violently garish scarf out of it.


The yarn is a mixture of odds and ends I got in a pack of random bits from Colinette, along with some turquoise silk of dubious provenance.


The pattern, such as it was, started with making a huge crochet chain, longer than the scarf I wanted. I did a row of double crochet in turquoise and then one-row chain stitch stripes of the other yarns in a semi-random pattern, with the turquoise reappearing at regular intervals, until I ran out. Then I finished it off with another row of double crochet in the turquoise. I started each row at the same end, never turning the work, because I prefer the way each side looks like that. Long 'tails' left at each end made the fringe easy.


Next time I get a midwinter craving for colour I know where to look!

No comments:

Post a Comment